DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH & FAMILY WELFARE
NAGALAND : KOHIMA
The State is committed to fulfill the National vision of bringing down the Infant mortality rate and improving the child health survival. The programme which has special focus on child health such as UIP, ORT and ARI. Quality health care delivery system including availability of drugs, improved referral mechanism through JSSK and health providers at all levels. IEC activities including counselling and creating awareness in the family and committees to develop healthy behaviors such as breast feeding, illness recognition and early health seeking behaviors. Co-ordination with other departments – For better and effective implementation and multi-sectional approach will be developed by involving various sections of the people such as Pediatrician, epidemiologist, ICDS, ANM’s, VHC, SHC, etc. in the districts.
Under the child health initiative by NHM the following activities are being implemented
1. NBCC (New born care corner) at all the delivery points providing delivery equipment.
2. Establishing NBSU (New Born stabilization unit) at 16 FRUs across the district for better new born care.
3. SNCU(Sick neonatal care Unit) at NHAK and DH Dimapur, DH Mokokchung is under process of setting up.
4. JSSK with referral facility for sick new born and infants is available at all the Health unit where deliveries are being conducted.
5. Two week IDCF (Intensified Diarrhea Control Campaign): last week of july and 1st week of Aug) observed yearly from 2014, during the campaign ASHA visits house to house screening of under 5 yrs of household and distributes ORS & Zinc. This year it was observed w.e.f 11th July to 23rd July 2016, during the fortnight 83638 children provide ORS packet and 1862 children provide both Zinc and ORS.
6. As per the GoI initiative, state has also observed National Deworming Day(NDD) from the year 2016. With the objective to deworm all the age group 1 to 19 yrs of age. During the first round of NDD which held in the month of Feb 2016 state could achieved 548249 children provide albendazole tab. which comes to 88.8% of achievement. The Second round of NDD in the month of Aug 2016 with the target group of 652493 children and achieved 588199 children provide albendazole tablet which comes to 90.15% of achievement. Accordingly for 2017 1st is schedule to be held on 10th March 2017.
7. Provide bi-weekly IFA syrup to all the children below the age group of 5 yrs.
Vision Statement Citizen Charter
Website designed and maintained by the Department of Health & Family Welfare, Nagaland, Kohima - 797001.